Recipe By: Val
This recipe was written on a post card addressed to Aunt Ruthie from a Kathy Cochrane from Hillsboro. The post card is dated July 19th, 1967. It cost 4 cents to mail a postcard in 1967.
2 cups white sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups carrots, finely chopped
1 6 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
(null) Chopped nuts
1. Sift together sugar, flour, soda, cinnamon and allspice.
2. Add butter, eggs and carrots.
3. Bake in large bar pan or 2 small cake pans at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.
5. Cream together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
6. Spread on cooled bars and sprinkle with chopped nuts.