There were no directions for this recipe, except for the don’t boil the sugar and syrup.
The ingredients were on a typed recipe card and Mom had added that note to the syrup mixture.
1 cup white syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
6 cups Special K cereal
1 package caramels, melted
1 package chocolate chips
1. Heat syrup and sugar to a boil.
2. Don’t boil, just bring to boil!
3. Add peanut butter, vanilla and cereal.
4. Place in buttered 9×13 inch pan.
5. Top with melted caramel and cover with chocolate chips.