- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup nut meats
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix first three ingredients in crumbly mass and put in shallow pan (8×13 inches).
2. Bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and spread with rest of ingredients mixed as follows:
4. Beat sugar and eggs together, add flour sifted with baking powder, salt and vanilla.
5. Add coconut and nuts, mix thoroughly and spread.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in moderate oven.
7. Remove from pan and cut in bars.
This was typed onto a recipe card. I do remember loving this recipe.
It does state an 8×13 pan. I don’t have any 8×13, only 9×13 pans.
Also, for the record, a moderate oven is usually considered to be 350 degrees.