Biscuit Drop Biscuits
This recipe was written on a Hornbacher’s receipt.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons parsley , chopped
chives or green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Beat together milk and egg.
3. Stir into flour until moistened.
4. Add parsley and green onion.
5. Add to stew. Be sure there is at least 2 inches of liquid or more.
6. Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto boiling stew and cover tightly.
7. Cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
8. Serve at once.