This recipe is saved from the back of a 1972 electric bill for the month of April.
The total bill was $16.50.
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups strawberries, crushed
4 eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 cups cooking oil
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. Add the sugar, strawberries (fresh or frozen), beaten eggs, and cooking oil.
3. Mix well.
4. Pour into three well-greased and floured one-pound coffee cans, filling each can one-half full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
6. (Makes a nice dessert if sliced and topped with whipped cream and strawberries.)