1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp dill weed
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 cup carrots, grated
1/2 cup celery, chopped
2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped
1. Sift flour with sugar, salt, baking powder and soda.
2. Stir in whole wheat flour and dill weed.
3. Beat eggs and add milk and oil.
4. Combine with flour mixture until all flour is moistened.
5. Add carrots (if moist, press dry on paper towel) celery and nuts.
6. Mix well.
7. Turn into well greased loaf pan and spring with 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts.
8. Let stand 15 minutes.
9. Bake below oven center at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
10. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out on wire rack.
11. Makes 1 loaf.