Yield: 12 muffins
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup slivered fresh dates
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Stir together flour, leavenings, salt and spices.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly and add sugar and sour cream and beat to blend.
3. Add flour mixture, dates and nuts.
4. Stir until flour mixture is moistened.
5. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
In my world a cake tester is a clean toothpick, right?